PORTUGAL IS THE WESTERNMOST COUNTRY OF CONTINENTAL EUROPE, AND IS PART OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. IT IS ONE OF THE OLDEST COUNTRIES IN EUROPE.
Capital – Lisbon
Language – Portuguese
Population – ~10.3 million
Currency – EURO
Why is Portugal the most ideal choice for getting a EU passport, residency, citizenship?
Quality of Life
- Portugal is ranked as the 3rd safest country in the world in 2020 by the Global Peace Index.
- Portugal is ranked 1st for quality of life and 3rd out of 64 countries for overall best places for expat living in the 2019 Internations Expat Insider Survey.
- Portugal has been elected as the 5th most ‘family friendly’ country in the world in The UNICEF study
- Portugal offers one of the most affordable cost of living in western Europe.
Great Culture & Weather
- Lisbon is Europe’s sunniest capital city, boasting an average of 2,799 hours of sunshine a year.
- Portugal is an interesting and fun place to visit and live, with great food, culture, old cafés and boutiques, nightlife, and some of the best beaches.
- Luxury Travel Magazine voted Madeira as Best Island Destination in the World.
- Portugal as the Best European Destination for the 4th consecutive year by World Travel Awards 2020.
- World’s Leading City Break Destination 2019 – Lisbon, Portugal. World’s Leading City Break Destination 2020 – Porto, Portugal.
Freedom in Travel and Residency
- Portuguese passport ranked 4th in Global Passport Power Rank 2020 by passportindex.com and ranked 6th in terms of travel freedom according to the 2020 Henley Passport Index, with visa-free or visa on arrival access to 186 countries and territories.
- Portugal is the door to your European living dream. A Portuguese citizenship gives you the freedom and mobility to live and work in all 26 EU countries, as well as enjoying the benefits as a local citizen.
- Have the rights to live and work in 26 EU countries, and enjoy the benefits of a local resident.
- Portugal had a score of 96 out of 100 on the Freedom in the World report 2020. Tying with Switzerland and ahead of the UK, France and Germany. Freedom House rates people’s access to political rights and civil liberties ranging from the right to vote to freedom of expression and equality before the law.
Great Infrastructure and geographical location
- Portugal has a public healthcare system that offers free health care to its residents. Portugal’s healthcare system was ranked as the 12th on the 2019 World Health Report by The World Health Organization (WHO)
- Portugal offers free public education to its residents for kindergarten, primary and secondary school.
- Portugal has one of the top road infrastructure in the world
- Portugal is in a great geographical location. Located in Europe and close to 3 other continents – merely 1 hour away by flight to Africa, 5 hours to North America, and 7 hours to Asia.
Favorable Tax & Immigration Scheme
- Portugal’s Golden Visa investment immigration program is one of the most competitive and lenient of western countries, without requirements such as age, occupation, income, and lengthy period of living in the country.
- Very favorable tax scheme for non-habitual residents, not taxing the income of foreign sources if there is a double-taxation treaty with that jurisdiction and taxing income originated in Portugal for a reduced rate of 20% for a period of 10 years.
- Portugal has one of the most favorable inheritance tax scheme in the world – a zero inheritance tax for direct family member.
Learn more about the Portuguese Golden Visa and how our products and services can help you can get your Portugal residency and citizenship!
- Breaking News – Portuguese President Veto The Latest ‘More Housing’ Bill
- Apply in One Week – Your last chance to get your Portugal Golden Visa with the lowest investment threshold at €280,000
- Final Vote on Portugal Golden Visa
- Portugal Golden Visa Continuation – Prepare Your Application Now
- Timeline on Portugal Golden Visa + Submit Your Application in One Month
- Good News – Portugal Golden Visa Proposal Highlights + How to Apply Before the Deadline
- News on Portugal Golden Visa Changes (March 30, 2023)
- A Look into 2022 Portugal Golden Visa Total Approvals
- 2023 New Regulations on Portugal Golden Visa
- Portugal Golden Visa Update – Biometric Appointments Opened for January to March 2023
- Portugal Golden Visa Approval 2022!